I tried to find a changelog of the BIOS updates for the XPS 15. I failed. So I’ve decided to create a list myself.
There is a well-hidden overview on the official Dell website. Click here for details. Note: There have been some updates released, which are not available for download anymore.
- Updated to the latest INTEL CPU microcodes.
- Updated Intel ME Firmware to address security advisories INTEL-SA-00086 (CVE-2017-5705, CVE-2017-5708, CVE-2017-5711 & CVE-2017-5712) & INTEL-SA-00101(CVE-2017-13077, CVE-2017-13078 & CVE-2017-13080).
- Enhance audio quality when the brightness is adjusted
- Extending battery support
- Allows Dell Command Configure to implement the required Thunderbolt Sec Level settings without the need to access the BIOS.
- Fixed a Bitlocker recovery issue when Dell Thunderbolt Dock is connected to the system, and PCR1 is selected in the Bitlocker Group Policy
Updated Dell Dock Port Type Classification in SMBIOS Table
- Fixed a Bitlocker recovery issue when Dell Type C Dock or Dongle is connected to the system, and PCR2 is selected in the Bitlocker Group Policy
Improved PCR2 measurement consistency when a Dell Type C Dock or Dongle is connected.
- Updated the handling of pre-boot authentication information by firmware.
Updated UEFI variable input validation.
Updated the handling of 3rd party Option ROM loading.
Updated SPI flash command configuration settings.
- Fixes system defense with wireless parameter will cause ME failure
- System stability enhancements
- To prevent user update ME Firmware to blacklist 11.6 ME firmware
- Correct error message in Excalibur
- Fix Bitlocker issue on Win7 ultimate/enterprise
- Enhance dock’s audio performance
- Fixed a potential security issue with Bootguard code integrity chaining enforcement”
- Fixed a potential security issue with the Support Assist PreBoot feature
- Updated processor microcode
- Update Computrace 957
- Support Win10 RS2 Enterprise
- Enchance NVME support and reduce noise
- Updated Intel ME Firmware to address security advisory CVE-2017-5689 / INTEL-SA-00075
- Support TPM 2.0 on Win7
- SUT will show incorrect massage after run DG_Readinesstool_v2.0.ps1 on Enterprise OS
- Clear TPM Option greyed out in BIOS
- Enable “Attempt Legacy Boot” cannot be enabled in BIOS
- USB LAN and Audio of IE dock still working after disable Dell Docks and Ext. USB
- Fixed Pre-OS has no display on external monitor with Lid Close issue
- 1.2.18 (A16)
- Fixed system may drop battery un-expected
- Improve PCIE NVMe Stability
- Fixed Panel flick issue
- Fixed Microsoft Bitlocker issue
- Improved the DELL ThunderBolt Dock Stability
- Fixed ST Microelectronics Motion Sensor Driver shows disabled while spindle HDD +mSATA installed
- Fix Dell Thunderbolt Dock issue
- 1.2.14 (A13)
- Fixed Battery may stop charge at 60% after updating BIOS
- 01.02.10 (A10)
- Fixed Dell Thunderbolt Dock (TB15) device will lost after S3 resume
- Fixed LCD flickering when in lowest brightness
- Fixed After McAfee encrypted, the PCIE NVMe SSD \ SATA SSD can’t boot to OS issue
- Fixed Wake on WLAN takes a long time with Intel 1830/1820A Wireless card
- Fixed USB audio/mouse may be lag while connected to Dell Thunderbolt Dock (TB15) and Dell Dock (WD15)
- Support for Windows 10 Enterprise features
- Fixed incorrect Thunderbolt security level reading from Driver
- Fixed Touchpad may be lost after Dell Thunderbolt Dock (TB15) device connected
- Add passthrough MAC address shows on BIOS Setup feature.
- Fixed System will become shut-down with connected to Dell Thunderbolt Dock (TB15) after S4 Resume.
- 01.02.00 (A06)
- Improved the system stability
- Fixed system may not able to boot with external monitor with lid closed
- Fixed USB audio/mouse may be lag while connecting to Dell Thunderbolt Dock (TB15) and Dell Dock (WD15)
- Fixed Fan may be noisy while connecting to Dell Thunderbolt Dock (TB15) and Dell Dock (WD15)
- Fixed Bitlocker Malfunction or Keeps Prompting Recovery Key every time reboot
- Fix DELL BME Dock issues
- Fix ePSA Pre-boot system assessment error with NVMe device
- Update PXE ROM Version
- Improve Audio performance
- Improve NVMe Battery Life
- Fix CPU i7 CPU performance became low after AC remove and insert.
- Enhance system Boot time
- Fix System may saw NO Boot Devie error message with NVMe storage.
- Enhance battery mode sleep resume time too long.