I tried to find a changelog of the BIOS updates for the XPS 15. I failed. So I’ve decided to create a list myself.
There is a well-hidden overview on the official Dell website. Click here for details. Note: There have been some updates released, which are not available for download anymore.
- Updated Intel ME Firmware to address security advisory CVE-2017-5689 / INTEL-SA-00075
- Support TPM 2.0 on Win7
- SUT will show incorrect massage after run DG_Readinesstool_v2.0.ps1 on Enterprise OS
- Clear TPM Option greyed out in BIOS
- Enable “Attempt Legacy Boot” cannot be enabled in BIOS
- USB LAN and Audio of IE dock still working after disable Dell Docks and Ext. USB
- Fixed Pre-OS has no display on external monitor with Lid Close issue
- 1.2.18 (A16)
- Fixed system may drop battery un-expected
- Improve PCIE NVMe Stability
- Fixed Panel flick issue
- Fixed Microsoft Bitlocker issue
- Improved the DELL ThunderBolt Dock Stability
- Fixed ST Microelectronics Motion Sensor Driver shows disabled while spindle HDD +mSATA installed
- Fix Dell Thunderbolt Dock issue
- 1.2.14 (A13)
- Fixed Battery may stop charge at 60% after updating BIOS
- 01.02.10 (A10)
- Fixed Dell Thunderbolt Dock (TB15) device will lost after S3 resume
- Fixed LCD flickering when in lowest brightness
- Fixed After McAfee encrypted, the PCIE NVMe SSD \ SATA SSD can’t boot to OS issue
- Fixed Wake on WLAN takes a long time with Intel 1830/1820A Wireless card
- Fixed USB audio/mouse may be lag while connected to Dell Thunderbolt Dock (TB15) and Dell Dock (WD15)
- Support for Windows 10 Enterprise features
- Fixed incorrect Thunderbolt security level reading from Driver
- Fixed Touchpad may be lost after Dell Thunderbolt Dock (TB15) device connected
- Add passthrough MAC address shows on BIOS Setup feature.
- Fixed System will become shut-down with connected to Dell Thunderbolt Dock (TB15) after S4 Resume.
- 01.02.00 (A06)
- Improved the system stability
- Fixed system may not able to boot with external monitor with lid closed
- Fixed USB audio/mouse may be lag while connecting to Dell Thunderbolt Dock (TB15) and Dell Dock (WD15)
- Fixed Fan may be noisy while connecting to Dell Thunderbolt Dock (TB15) and Dell Dock (WD15)
- Fixed Bitlocker Malfunction or Keeps Prompting Recovery Key every time reboot
- Fix DELL BME Dock issues
- Fix ePSA Pre-boot system assessment error with NVMe device
- Update PXE ROM Version
- Improve Audio performance
- Improve NVMe Battery Life
- Fix CPU i7 CPU performance became low after AC remove and insert.
- Enhance system Boot time
- Fix System may saw NO Boot Devie error message with NVMe storage.
- Enhance battery mode sleep resume time too long.